The scoop on registration holds

We are just a few weeks away from Fall 2016 registration! You might have noticed that a hold was recently placed on your record. It's important to know what type of hold you have, as well as the steps you need to take to have it removed.
Time flies when you're having fun! Registration is almost here, and your CSE Academic Advising team thought it would be a good idea to give you some helpful information about the various advising holds you will encounter, as well steps to have them removed. You can see your holds on One Stop and on your APAS report.

OA Hold: To have an OA Hold removed, you must schedule a 30-minute appointment with your CSE academic advisor. This is an opportunity to discuss your academic performance and experience at the University of Minnesota, major and career exploration, course planning, and campus engagement. Remember to be prepared for your advising appointments. Review our suggestions for getting the most out of your advising appointment. Keep in mind that you are notified of the need to schedule an appointment about two months prior to registration opening to students. It's okay if you can't be seen by your advisor immediately! Be aware of your registration queue time and schedule appropriately. Being seen right away will not allow you to register sooner than your assigned queue time.

DS Hold: If you have been admitted to your major, you may have a DS Hold on your record. To have this hold removed, you should contact your academic department directly and find out how they handle advising. You can find departmental contact information on the bottom of your four-year plan. Be sure to check the effective date of this hold. If the date is "Fall 2016," you must have it removed prior to registering for fall semester. If it is "Spring 2017," it will not impact your fall registration.

MDR Hold: To have a MDR Hold removed, you must be admitted to a major in CSE or transfer to another college at the University of Minnesota. If admission to your major is not possible, you should meet with your college advisor to develop an alternative plan.

Contact your advisor if you have any additional questions about your hold.